Featured News #1
Narrative Storytelling Premiere…THIS FRIDAY!
When? Friday, Dec. 18th; 1:30-2:00 *The Winter Party will follow from 2:00-2:30.
Where? Orange Common Area outside of Studio 3
Why? Students will be celebrating the end of our narrative unit by showcasing 1 of their narrative pieces.
What to Expect?
- When you arrive in the Orange Commons Area at 1:30, one of the teachers will hand you a slip of paper that has a list of possible prompts. For each student you visit, please ask him/her a few of the prompts/questions.
- Students will be stationed in the orange area outside of our classroom.
- Students will be ready to show you a short “trailer” of their narrative story/post.
- They will then hand you a QR code so that you can read the post at your convenience.
- Ask the student a few questions from your prompt sheet (or anything else you would like to ask).
- When reading the post later on at your convenience, if you are willing to leave a comment, please remember, you do not have to be logged in to do so. Just simply comment, and then we will make sure to approve it within 24 hours!
- We ask that you please visit as many students as possible during this 30 minutes prior to the start of the party.
- THANK YOU so much for helping to support and praise the hard work of our narrative writers!
*Note: The classroom will be closed off during this time so that our wonderful party coordinators can get set up for the party.
Featured News #2
Hour of Code…A Success!
A big thank you to Alethea’s dad for coming in to share his knowledge and passion for coding!
Individualized Learning Plans
Today (Friday, Dec. 11th), your child brought home their ELA and Math plan. Please read the sheet attached to their plan for further information.
- I can use the following homophones correctly; your/you’re & to/two/too.
- I can identify and write simple and compound sentences.
- I can identify and avoid writing fragments and run-on’s.
Individualized Learning Plans: Each day, after a short lesson and interactive practice (on that day’s skill/goal), each child works on his/her individualized plan. Each plan is designed specifically for each student, based on data and need. These will once again come home this Friday so that you can see what your child completed during the week.
NOTE: If your child needs to do complete any unfinished work from the week, we will notify you via email after school on Friday.
- Understand two fractions as equivalent (equal) if they are the same size, or the same point on a number line.
- Recognize and generate simple equivalent fractions. e.g., 1/2=2/4, 4/6=2/3. Explain why the fractions are equivalent. e.g., by using a visual fraction model.
Individualized Learning Plans: same as ELA
Math Fact Fluency: Last Week for +/-
The class needs only 1 more student to pass and they will have met their goal! Assuming they meet the goal early next week, we will plan to have a little celebration (food/drink-free this time) later next week!
Reminder: ALL students who are not already on multiplication/division, will be moved over to it next Friday evening, regardless of their final +/- percentage.
NOTE: If you are unsure of your child’s current status, you can ask them to log in and show you.
We will finish our book, “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio this week!
Click on the image below to view/print an extra copy of this week’s homework.
A copy of this homework will come home with your child on Monday, Dec. 14th and will be due by Friday, Dec. 18th.
EPiC Elementary Honors and Awards:
Apple Distinguished School and P21 Exemplar School
*click on the images below for more information