This Week’s Commenting Time Frame
Please leave comments for your Comment Buddies between Saturday, April 9th and Thursday, April 14th.
This Week’s Blog Post to Provide Comment
Please provide comments to the post categorized, “PBL: Chicks.” The date posted should show around April 7th.
Audience: EPiC Teachers and Students that want to visit the classroom to see the chicks.
Purpose: Create something that will teach staff and students the rules and facts of being able to visit the chicks.
- Teach the rules for how to treat the incubator, eggs, and chicks when they visit.
- Teach facts about the incubator, eggs, and chicks so that when they visit they will have an understanding of those 3 areas.
*NOTE: There are also posts under the category, “PBL: Chicks” that are persuasive letters to convince Dr. Schmitz and their two teachers that they are responsible enough to get the chick eggs. These are really fun so please feel free to leave comments on this one as well, or just in place of the one above.
This Week’s Focus Points:
- Using nonfiction text features to help the reader better understand the information (i.e. add labels or a caption to an image, use headings to show organization of information, bold key words, etc.)
- Giving credit to images
- Professional appearance (easy to read, colors/font/size appropriate, etc.)
- Being aware of the audience and purpose