Must Know Info.
- Upcoming Field Trip: Liberty Courthouse for upcoming Democrary/Government PBL: Permission Form came home today! *NOTE: They do not allow parents for this one, sorry.
- Homework: Home on Mon., Oct. 10th & due no later than Fri., Oct. 14th (electronic copy – please feel free to print and do over the weekend)
- Classroom Materials Request: Thank you so much for all of the bottled water and colored pencils thus far! We could still use quite a bit more of both, if you are willing and able. Thank you.
- October Classroom Volunteering: Sign Up HERE
- Important Dates: Click HERE *School Picture Day is Friday!
Instruction and Learning
View Student Blogs HERE!
Latest posts include posts to LPS Superintendent, Dr. Tucker.
PBL: A Very Special Visit
LPS Superintendent, Dr. Tucker, visited Studio 3 last Thursday to share his experiences and authentic artifacts from growing up in Burkina Faso, Africa.
ELA: Storyboarding for Showcase Night
Another very special guest joined us last Wednesday! Storyteller, Becky Everly. Becky worked with the students on organizing their learning about The Water Crisis in preparation for Showcase Night. She will return two more times with a focus on presentation skills!
Math: Multiplication AND Division
Students now have a solid understanding of not only the “why” behind multiplication, but can apply it to build arrays and solve multiplication word problems. We move on to division Monday!
REFLEX Math Facts: Please give us one more week to do some work with the “why” on division and then we will flip over students that are at 100% on addition/subtraction. Thank you.
We will do Instant Challenges each Monday and Friday (coding will be every Thursday…more info. coming soon). We are very intentional in building in teach points on social skills, teamwork, perseverance, failing forward, etc. Most importantly, we include time for reflection!